Rose Hill Community Calendar
November - January 2003
Items for the calendar must be received by the 15th of the month prior to publication. Public, school and church events only.
Around Rose Hill and Franconia
- Tuesday, November 24, 7 pm. Rose Hill Civic Association Meeting. John Marshall Library. Subject: Rose Hill Park Section III Plan.
- Every Wednesday and Saturday. BINGO! Franconia Volunteer Fire Dept., Inc. Early Bird, 7 pm. Regular sessions, 8 pm.
John Marshall Library
Events are free unless noted. Reservations are encouraged for library activities; call 703.971.0010.
- Fridays, through December 19, 12:00 pm. Lunch Bunch. Bring a lunch and listen to stories. Age birth-5 with adult.
- Mondays, through December 15, 6:00 pm. Practice Your English! Conversation group for people learning English. Adults. No registration is required.
- Wednesday, December 3, 10:30 am. Winter Wonders. Stories and activities about winter. Age 2-5 with adult.
- Thursday, December 4, 6:00 pm. Teddy Bear Time. Stories and activities. Bring your favorite stuffed toy. Age 2-5 with adult.
- Wednesday, December 10, 10:30 am. The Cookie Crumbles. Cookie stories and activities. Age 2-5 with adult.
- Saturday, December 13, 2:00 pm. The Magic Toyshop Puppet Show. Master Puppeteer Bob Brown and his merry marionettes tell a story of holiday fun. Sponsored by the Friends of the John Marshall Library. All ages.
- Wednesday, December 17, 10:30 am. Gingerbread Fun! Stories and activities. Age 2-5 with adult.
7:15 pm. Book Discussion Group. Adults. No registration is required.
Huntley Meadows Park
Huntley Meadows Park and Visitor Center, 3701 Lockheed Blvd. Alexandria, VA 22306, 703/768-2525
Fairfax County Park Authoritys largest park (1,428 acres) includes wetlands, forests, meadows, streams and ponds. It has resident deer, beaver, heron and other animals. Facilities include a visitor center, auditorium, exhibits and an interpretive trail with boardwalk and observation platforms. Programs for groups by reservation. The Visitor Center is open 9am-5pm, Monday, Wednesday-Friday. On June weekends the Visitor Center is open 9am-5pm. On July and August weekends the Visitor Center is open 9am-1pm. The Visitor Center is closed Tuesday. Grounds open dawn to dusk. Events are at the Visitors Center unless noted. Reservations are required for nature activities; call 703.768.2525.
Mark Twain Middle School
- November 26. Students released two hours early.
- November 27-28. Thanksgiving holidays.
- December 2, 7 pm. Orchestra winter concert.
- December 9, 7 pm. Band winter concert.
- December 11, 7 pm. Choral winter concert.
- December 13. All-district band auditions (MVHS).
- December 22, 2003 to January 2, 2004. Winter vacation.
Rose Hill Elementary School
- November 26. Students released two hours early
- November 27-28. Thanksgiving holidays
RHCA Home Page